YouTube has 1.86 billion users worldwide which is up from 1.47 billion in 2017. YouTube was the fifth most used social media network for marketers after Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
In this guide let’s check out the exciting statistics of YouTube which can help you to create your YouTube marketing strategy for your business.
YouTube Usage Statistics
1. YouTube is the world’s second most visited website after Google.
2. Every day people watch over a billion hours of video on YouTube. (Source – YouTube)
3. On average people aged 18 and over spend 41.9 minutes on YouTube on daily basis. (Source – eMarketer)
4. 40.9% of YouTube users watch videos on mobile. (Source – eMarketer)
5. 82% of users use YouTube as a source of entertainment. (Source – SEMrush)
6. 37% of people ages between 30 to 49 use YouTube as a news source. (Source – SEMrush)
YouTube User Statistics and Demographics
7. YouTube has over 2 billion monthly active users. (Source – YouTube)
8. 62% of YouTube users in the U.S. accessed the platform daily in 2020. (Source – SEMrush)
9. 74% of adults in the U.S. use YouTube. (Source – Pew Research Center)
10. 77% of users in the age group of 15–35-year-old in the U.S. use YouTube. (Statista)
11. 72% of male users and 72% of women users logged in to YouTube in 2020. (Source – SEMrush)
12. 16.4% of YouTube’s traffic comes from the U.S. (Source – Alexa)
13. 94.5% of OTT platform viewers in the U.S. are watching YouTube. (Source – eMarketer)
14. 56% of YouTube users are male and 44% of YouTube users are female. (Source – Hootsuite)
YouTube for Business Stats
15. Viewers watched 100 billion hours of gaming videos on YouTube in 2020. (Source – YouTube)
16. In 2020, 72% of viewers used YouTube to exercise or keep themselves fit. (Source – YouTube)
17. 50.9% of B2B decision makers use YouTube to research product and services. (Source – Hootsuite)
Most Famous YouTube Accounts Stats
18. With 110 million subscribers as of April 2021, PewDiePie was the most famous YouTuber.
19. In terms of most no of subscribers, the Indian YouTube channel, T-series, had the most subscribers (186 million) as of Aug – 2021. (Source – Statista)
20.The second and third most famous channels on YouTube are Vat19 (6.9 billion views) and IDJVideos TV (5 billion views).
21. Yuya (24.6 million subscribers), Jefreestar (16.4 million subscribers), and Musas (15.1 million subscribers) are the most famous beauty and style channels on YouTube as of June 2021.
YouTube Marketing and Advertising Statistics
22. 70% of people purchased from a particular brand after seeing their ad on YouTube. (Source – Google)
23. Nike’s Never Too Far Down | You Can’t Stop Us is the top YouTube ad in the US in 2020. (Source – Google)
24. In 2021, YouTube will make 5.56 billion dollars in advertising revenue in the U.S. (Source – eMarketer)
25. According to YouTube, the number of YouTube channels that makes $10,000 USD per year or more on YouTube grew by 50%.
26. YouTube’s ad revenue amounted to over five billion U.S. dollars, according to YouTube’s Partner Program. (Source – SEMrush)
26. With 2.23 billion impressions, Apple was the biggest advertiser on YouTube in 2020. (Source – SEMrush)
27. 60% of marketers said they would increase their marketing budget for YouTube in 2020.
Viral content statistics for YouTube
28. BTS – the Korean boy band broke the world record for the fastest YouTube video to go viral, generating 101.1 million views in 24 hours in August 2020.
29. With amazing earnings of approximately 29.5, nine-year-old Ryan Kaji, or Ryan’s ToysReview, was the top-earning YouTuber worldwide as of June 2020.
30. “Despacito ft. Dady Yankee” by Luis Fonsi is the most famous YouTube video in terms of lifetime video views.
31. The fastest video to reach one billion views is “Hello” by Adele reached one billion views in 87 days.
Final Thoughts on YouTube Statistics
After seeing the YouTube statistics, you need to understand where your business fits in and start create a YouTube marketing strategy to promote your business online.