The importance of content marketing is to create and distribute relevant content so that your prospects and customers can learn about your business, expertise, and products or services.
Let’s check out the top 20 content marketing statistics every marketer must know while creating their content marketing strategy.
- 70% of content marketers are very actively investing in content marketing strategy. (HubSpot, 2020 (Source – HubSpot 2020)
2. 89% of content marketers used blog posts in their content marketing strategy in 2020. (Source – Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
3. 94% of marketers use social media for content distribution. (Source –SEMrush, 2019)
4. 87% of video marketers say that video has increased traffic to their website. (Source – Wyzowl, 2020)
5. 41% (116 million people) are listening to a podcast every month, and 22% listen to podcasts weekly. (Source – Edison Research)
6. 78% of Chief Marketing Officer’s agree customized content is the future of marketing. (Source- Demand Metric)
7. 58% marketers said original written content is the most essential type of content outperforming visuals and videos. (Source – Social Media Examiner)
8. 71% of a B2B decision makers stated they reviewed a blog while on their buying journey. (Demand Gen Report)
9. 73% of consumers have been impacted by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchase decision. (Source – Animoto)
10. 51% of business agree updating the old content has proven the most efficient tactic implemented. (SEMrush, 2019)
11. Video content has become the most frequently used content format in content marketing strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics. (HubSpot, 2020)
12. Approximately 212 million people i.e., 75% of Americans age 12 plus are now familiar with podcasts. (Source – Edison Research, 2020)
13. 40% of marketers convey content marketing is a very essential part of their overall marketing strategy. (HubSpot, 2020)
14. Compared to outbound tactics, content marketing costs 62% less but generates 3x as many leads (Source- Demand Metric)
15. Businesses that use content marketing have more conversion rates 6x higher on average than those who do not (Source – Aberdeen Group)
16. 78% of business have a team of one-to-three content creation specialists. (SEMrush, 2019)
17. WordPress users publish about 70 million new blog posts and post 77 million new comments each month. (WordPress, 2020)
18. 24% of marketers planning to increase their investment in content marketing in 2020. (HubSpot, 2020)
19. There are over 48 million podcast episodes in existence as of April 2020. (Source – Podcast Insights, 2020)
20. 67% of the business use organic traffic to measure their content success. (SEMrush, 2019)
If you are wondering what are the strategies for content marketing, please check out this guide.